Insureds who manage or own habitational facilities face many potential environmental exposures. These facilities are unique risks because of the health standards that must be met and maintained in a multi-unit living/working environment. From air quality to food handling, the insured needs to be covered for potential problems that may occur in patient rooms, cafeterias, labs, classrooms, dorm rooms, and other meeting spaces. Beacon Hill will help you explain the environmental coverages often required by this type of client, and we will seek the options that best suit them. We work with the top carriers in the marketplace to access the most appropriate coverage needed.
Representative Risks: Hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities, other medical centers, college campuses, boarding schools, training centers, and other on-campus education facilities or meeting spaces.
Environmental liability insurance policies that address the needs of habitational facilities:
Covers claims arising from pollution releases at, on, or emanating from specific scheduled locations owned/leased by the contractor. Examples may include a contractor’s equipment yard or a self storage facility.
- Coverage can be modified to cover only new conditions occurring from policy inception onward, only unknown pre-existing conditions, or both.
- The policy covers clean-up costs for bacteria or viruses required by the health department or Center for Disease Control.
- Coverage includes waste disposal activities, as well as emergency response costs.
- Coverage can be constructed to apply only to on-site bodily injury, property damage, and clean up; only to off-site, or to both.
- Coverage is very flexible.
- Coverage is almost always Claims Made.
Product information sheet